Towards Transformation: Foundations - Everyone Can Code–
Technology has a language. It’s called code. And we believe coding is an essential skill. Learning to code teaches us how to solve problems and work together in creative ways.
We think everyone should have the opportunity to create something that can change the world. Apple's designed a new approach to coding that lets anyone learn, write and teach it - and this session will help you explore and build practical knowledge to help you get started.
Please register below at your earliest convenience as numbers are strictly limited.
Coding for Educators - Get Ready to Play(Learn!)
We’ll give you ideas for lessons and group activities that work in the classroom or in after-school programs.
You’ll experience some hands-on coding and write your own basic program, learn tips and also be shown new ways to track your students’ progress.
- Explore suites of apps, iBooks, and other resources designed to provide students and educators with the resources for learning and teaching coding
- Discover Apple’s free open-source Swift programming language
- Access for free via Mac using Xcode and iPad using Swift Playgrounds (Session will focus on iPad)
- Get hands-on with encodable robotics e.g. Sphero, Parrot mini-drones etc
Education Advantage is located at Suite 3 (Level 1), 58 Abbotsford St, West Melbourne VIC 3003, just near the corner with Spencer St.
This location is convenient to:
- North Melbourne station - three-minute walk
- The 57 tram (West Maribyrnong/Flinders St) - alight at Stop 11, Victoria & Errol Sts for a five-minute walk
- Footscray & Dynon Rds Citylink exits
- You may even consider catching an Uber